Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Trade Ya

Living in the dorms makes it easy to find something to do other than your homework. However, sometimes it isn’t that simple to find something fun to do. Therefore, we have to resort to extreme measures.

Lately, I have noticed that some students are even willing to work on another student’s homework rather than their own. I am aware that this type of decision doesn’t seem to make much sense. I mean, why not do your own work if you’re willing to work? It’s just that, sometimes helping someone else with their work allows you to forget about your own stressful assignments. This is, admittedly, not always the best way to manage your time.

This afternoon I actually found myself editing one of my suitemate’s papers. I chose to put two hour of my time into her paper over writing this blog. But that’s not the worst of it, it wasn’t even her assignment, she was actually working on the paper for a friend! I guess when you break it down; I edit the paper of a friend of a friend because I wanted a reason not to do my homework.

Yet, I can’t say that I haven’t benefited from this extreme form of procrastination. In fact, just last night my roommate found it better to use her time quizzing me for my midterm rather than working on her lab. I think it’s clear that college students can be quite dumb at times.

No comments: